ADIP SCHEME (a scheme of assistance for disabled persons for fitting/purchase of aids/appliances)
ADIP SCHEME comes under the ministry of social justice and empowerment (scheme of assistance to disabled persons for purchase/fitting of aids/appliances). This scheme offers the following services -
- Those persons with disability the monthly income of whom or their family is Rs 6,500 or less, are entitled to get various kinds of necessary aids and appliances , free of cost.
- Those persons with disability the monthly income of whom or their family is Rs 9000 or less, are entitled to get various kinds of necessary aids and appliances at a discount of 50%
- Which places to visit for getting such aids and appliances in Dehradun?
- NIEPVD(National Institute for the Visually Handicapped) 116, Rajpur Road,Dehradun
- NILD (National Institute for the Orthopedically Handicapped) 116, Rajpur Road,Dehradun.Contact number:0135-2735581
- Disability certificate
- Income certificate
- Identity card
What is the process to get these appliances?
- Visit the offices of NIVH/NIOH with the mentioned certificates.
- Your measurements / requirements will be taken by the concerned persons after which the person with disability will be called back to collect the appliance.